DavR Posted July 7 Posted July 7 I'm just trying to prep our Windows 11 image for deployment over the summer holidays, but for some unknown reason, I can't get DISM to mount the install.wim from the 25H2 ISO for editing - has anyone else had trouble with this? I'm getting error 5 Access Denied, which it very much is not. This is with a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, both the June 2026 and September 2025 ISOs are doing the same thing. I can load my 24H2 install.wim fine, so it seems to only be the 25H2 version that's the trouble. I did wonder if it was the secure boot certificate thing, but, the PC trying to load it is up to date with the 2023 certs, so I'd think not. I know editing the wim is out of fashion now, but there are a few bits that I do prefer done in the image. Any ideas or advice gratefully received!
DavR Posted July 7 Author Posted July 7 False alarm - I was able to mount the image with DISM, but, I had to be on a device running 25H2 to do it. I feel like this has come up before. Maybe next year I'll find this thread before getting stuck on it again 😂
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now