Ditto Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 I have a Lenovo x220 which has provided excellent service for years and still runs fantastically. In the last couple of years the only real issue is replacement batteries have been next to useless, so it now is main only use. Over last few days it has been unusuable, not even being able to boot. Disk space may be related, but I have managed to kick it back in to life using Windows boot Advanced Options 'Fix windows' options. I had previously rolled back the last Windows update. Following recovery, it has immediately ask me to install Intel Update Manager. I have astrong inclination there was a Intel Update Manager message where I allowed an update before things went belly-up. I'm relucant to let it install at this point. Any thoughts observations out there?
sigma Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 2 hours ago, Ditto said: I have a Lenovo x220 which has provided excellent service for years and still runs fantastically. In the last couple of years the only real issue is replacement batteries have been next to useless, so it now is main only use. Over last few days it has been unusuable, not even being able to boot. Disk space may be related, but I have managed to kick it back in to life using Windows boot Advanced Options 'Fix windows' options. I had previously rolled back the last Windows update. Following recovery, it has immediately ask me to install Intel Update Manager. I have astrong inclination there was a Intel Update Manager message where I allowed an update before things went belly-up. I'm relucant to let it install at this point. Any thoughts observations out there? I'd go to the Lenovo support page for the model and see what's available for device there by way of Intel updates and maybe, depending on what it's supposed to fix, give it a go.. I'd use the official Microsoft ‘Show or Hide Updates’ tool to hide the Intel update offered by Microsoft regardless.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now