stumot Posted September 10, 2025 Posted September 10, 2025 Afternoon All In years gone by I have had no issue creating MS Teams groups from powershell using Connect-MicrosoftTeams, however it appears that method is now deprecated and instead of using the Teams module for powershell, Teams should now be created in bulk using the Connect-MSGraph module for powershell (information that would of been useful to me last week!) as whilst the teams do end up being created when I run my powershell script, the OneNote class notebook is not automatically created and when I try to create it manually, I get stuck in a loop of "oops something went wrong" every time I have the option to create the class notebook. The proper solution to this problem would be to delete the groups generated via the old method and create new ones using the new method, however I didnt feel like remaking those groups again at such a busy time of year for us, luckily someone has come up with a nice workaround for this issue which I have linked below: Repair-Class-teams/Repair-Teams-Notebook.ps1 at e1b6f0986c2ded9c0e2dbdfff5860fbb233e8487 · veltwerk/Repair-Class-teams · GitHub Save the powershell document and follow the steps in the readme file and it should fix any teams that have errors like mine, its saved me a lot of hassle today and hopefully it will help others too when staff inevitably come to them with their MS Teams and OneNote woes! Thanks for reading
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now