DVS Posted September 9, 2025 Posted September 9, 2025 Why do some of my students have different start dates for their subjects? I can not work out why some have the correct date and some do not. Can you tell me where I would have put the original date? Seems absurd I know that I am not sure. I had to drag the "orange line" for each student in a particular subject so the teacher could see their classes. Thanks you
bobsmith Posted September 9, 2025 Posted September 9, 2025 if someone else has been assigning the students they may have left "restrict date from today" ticked. alternatively if you imported the groups via SLK files then the date when importing may have not been set from the first day of term.
DVS Posted September 9, 2025 Author Posted September 9, 2025 Can you tell me where "restrict date from today" ticked is? Thank you
DVS Posted September 9, 2025 Author Posted September 9, 2025 Some students had a membership for Art from 27/9 but 27/8 for English. How would this have happened, I don't want it to happen next year, it took hours to fix. C2K said it was the admission date was incorrect but I saw later that the admission date was 26/8 so that could not have been it.
DVS Posted September 9, 2025 Author Posted September 9, 2025 For example, above, at the time one of the subjects was set for end of Sept but I do not know how that happen and I dragged line up to meet others in August.
bobsmith Posted September 9, 2025 Posted September 9, 2025 where in the world are you based? In England you wouldn't have admission dates in August. Also - it's possible that the students were enrolled on one date and then had their start dates amended - it could certainly cause these issues as well.
bobsmith Posted September 10, 2025 Posted September 10, 2025 google says schools typically start in September but it varies from school to school - just make sure that the first day of term is set correctly and then line up all the course membership dates with that. If your courses are starting in sims before the official start of term (kids physically attending) then your school calendar (in SIMS) needs amending!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now