ITGURU Posted July 10, 2025 Posted July 10, 2025 I used to make fat images with correct driver installed and setting the realtek 'shutdown wake on lan' to ENABLE for the image. I'm now using MDT with the same driver. However, by default the driver sets the above setting to DISABLED so cannot wake up the machine remotely How can i change this via Group policy or as part of the install when running the task sequence injecting the drivers? thanks
timbo343 Posted July 10, 2025 Posted July 10, 2025 Have you got an old driver in your MDT driver store? We only have the latest RealTek NIC drivers in our MDT Driver store as we had various RealTek NIC driver versions in there and had tidy up. You'll find that RealTek only have the one driver and usually the newest just works. Our machines with RealTek drivers just seem to work and the WOL "wake on magic packet" is always in the driver.
ITGURU Posted July 10, 2025 Author Posted July 10, 2025 wake on magic packet is in the driver, its specifically the 'shutdown wake-on-lan' setting which gets installed as 'disabled' with the driver, and only when 'enabled' the machines wake up remotely!
timbo343 Posted July 10, 2025 Posted July 10, 2025 35 minutes ago, ITGURU said: wake on magic packet is in the driver, its specifically the 'shutdown wake-on-lan' setting which gets installed as 'disabled' with the driver, and only when 'enabled' the machines wake up remotely! Oh! I see. I've just checked ours and ours is showing as enabled. We build the images on VMs and sysprep from there. Here's ours, and this machine as just had the new Win 11 Enterprise 24H2 image today bang up to date with Windows update too.
ITGURU Posted July 10, 2025 Author Posted July 10, 2025 Mines an older driver and update driver doesn't find anything newer. Will find a direct download and try that. Thanks.
timbo343 Posted July 10, 2025 Posted July 10, 2025 51 minutes ago, ITGURU said: Mines an older driver and update driver doesn't find anything newer. Will find a direct download and try that. Thanks. I had to download the updated NIC driver from Realtek. Just a note, it takes ages to download!!!
mikes Posted July 11, 2025 Posted July 11, 2025 I tried to change IPV4 checksum offload in the same advanced NIC properties (for an Intel onboard NIC not Realtek though) and I couldn't find any GPO or any other automated way to do it! I had to go round to each machine and do it manually 😞
mavhc Posted July 11, 2025 Posted July 11, 2025 5 hours ago, mikes said: I tried to change IPV4 checksum offload in the same advanced NIC properties (for an Intel onboard NIC not Realtek though) and I couldn't find any GPO or any other automated way to do it! I had to go round to each machine and do it manually 😞 Registry Diff? Process Monitor, or https://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now