Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm running server 2022 DC's, no DNS issues, no issues with generally adding machines to the domain using the network ID wizard.

However, on some older laptops, when trying to join the domain, after entering the credentials, it detects the existing account and I say YES to use as i always do, but then i get the error:

RCODE_NAME_ERROR

I know there are NO dns issues as other clients join ok, and the adapter is picking up the correct DHCP and DNS servers as all clients use DHCP.

Any ideas?

Is it hardware specific issue

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...