Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

It has been a while since i had to do an analysis for KS5 data on results day and was hoping for some direction, websites etc....

 

Am i right in thinking it is the results for the current Year 13?

Does it include qualifications they took in Year 12?

Do the AS they took in year 12 discount the A2 in Year 13?

Do standalone AS quals they took in Year 13 count?

 

Do they work along the same "first entry rule" as GCSE?

 

Mark

Posted
I run both Y12 and Y13, totalling up the percentage of A*-A, A*-B and anything higher then a U. BTEC get added in on the basis of Dist/Merit/Pass is equivalent to A/C/E and as far as I know, they aren't using the mess at GCSE level this year (someone correct me if I am wrong). AS levels are counted but A2 overrides and discounts them. And remember to add up your UCAS points. :)
Posted
Thanks CAM, just trying to work out who to include is a nightmare as there was no data manager her last year so the data is not in the best of order!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have done some reading on this and i have found that you are to count the students who have completed Level 3 if they are 16,17, or 18.

 

Would you class those only doing 1 year and sitting their AS level as completing L3?

 

M

Posted

Also, does anyone know which students are reported in the performance figures? There doesn't seem to be any definitive date of the January census like there is for GCSE.

 

Our Sixth Form can be a bit volatile in terms of movement, and I'm not 100% sure what cohort size I should be reporting next week?

Posted
Ugh, that stupid add-back policy. It's like they're trying to make the A-Level tables as rigorous as the GCSE ones without actually putting any clear information for schools about what rules decide a student should count or not. I tried "reverse engineering" last years results, and even then it was a nightmare.
Posted

Not sure I understand that Add-Back. What does it mean?

 

Not entirely sure we have anyone who was deferred anyway.




×
×
  • Create New...