Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Does anyone know if it is possible to submit corrections to returned KS3 data? One of our HODs handed SLT a correction a week after the return was submitted which has highlighted all sorts of fun and games with grades! :(
Posted
Give them a call and explain (0300 303 3013), it'll probably be OK - I had to submit some alterations yesterday (albeit at their request) as a couple of kids were missing who had only left a day or two before I submitted so were missing from my CTF. Would have been caught by their "expected students" count except for the fact the same number that left had also started so it balanced - why they don't highlight the actual students they're expecting as opposed to just the total I don't know!
Posted
LosOjos, did you know that you can download the Excel template from the NCA Tools website, which shows the list of expected students? This allows you to check them against your own list, even if you then submit the data via a CTF.
Posted
@ICTLady - I did know that yes but as they're willing to accept a CTF you'd think they could flag up any discrepancies when you upload one - as it is as long as the numbers match you could have uploaded a CTF full of made up students!
Posted
I agree! I hadn't realised that although it gives you the option to manually change the expected number, that would still count as an incomplete submission (as we had a student who had left school between the january census and the May date for data collection). File uploaded successfully and the first I knew of the error was an email to the head telling him we'd missed the deadline. Which I wasn't too happy about as it made me look like I hadn't done my job properly.
Posted
Yeah exactly what happened here - as far as I was concerned it was done! In fact, I called them to ask what was going on and was told at first I'd received the email by mistake, only to get a call back the next day to tell me about the missing pupils. Seems even their staff have a hard time figuring the blessed thing out! Generally a big green tick and the word "Success" is enough for me to stop reading lol :)
Posted
I too had the same experience as ICTlady and LosOjos. It seems that when it says 'successful' on the NCA website it does not mean that everything is OK. It clearly gives a choice between using a CTF or their template so why should you check the latter? I had a long call with their helpline to sort out something that should have been OK. Seems they have changed things this year. All a waste of time anyway as very little notice is taken of KS3 results.
Posted
Might be good for future reference (assuming we even do this exercise next year!). I called NCA and they said so long as DofE haven't removed the upload form you can just resubmit a new CTF file to update what is there.



×
×
  • Create New...