Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have been searching for a way to keep my mod server up to date with the minimum of hassle for both myself and players. As such I am running a test of the Beta release of the FTB mod pack for Minecraft 1.4.3. The purpose of this test is to see if the mod pack works, if the server can handle it (I'm paticularly worried about disk space usage by mystcraft ages) and to see if there's any of the mods that seem overpowered, etc.

 

You can download the client launcher from here:

 

Feed the Beast

 

and put it in an empty folder some place on your machine. When you it run and login it will download all the mods and construct a fully modded minecraft install with no intervention on your part (you might need to change the memory settings in the options though). There are regular updates to the launcher and the mod packs.

 

The server address is:

 

address: trickerymodmc.provisionhost.com (ip 76.74.200.86)

port: 25565 (default minecraft port)

 

Server is whitelisted (request access from me) and is set to survival on hard difficultly (don't be out at night without protection!)

 

As for the mods I have most of whats listed on the forum post for FTB (I've added the most informative link I can find for each mod listed):

 

 

ComputerCraft + Turtles

Industrial Craft 2 (+ Advanced Machines +Advanced Solar Panels, +

+ Nuclear Control)

BuildCraft

IronChests

ThermalExpansion

Railcraft

ExtrabiomesXL

StevesCarts

Mystcraft

Forestry

EnderStorage

Rei's Minimap

Factorization (IC2 Submod)

The Twilight Forest

GregTech (IC2 submod)

PortalGun

GraviSuite

InvTweaks

ObsidiPlates - Presure plates that can only be activated by players.

ForgeIRC

 

 

So the big ticket mods I'm missing are Redpower, Thaumcraft and EE3 (they simply aren't done yet). Not bad for a first beta release though.




×
×
  • Create New...