Torchwood Posted January 22, 2025 Posted January 22, 2025 Hi, Our music department uses a piece of software called 'Ignite By Air Music Tech' which is so old that it hasn't been supported by the manufacturer for some years. It's got to the point where it's gotta go. We are looking for a replacement but one problem is that the music department have a load of '.ais' files which are 'essential' teaching resources. To spare the music department a visit from the four riders of the apocalypse, are there any other apps similar to Ignite which will read .ais files, or a way that we can convert .ais files? Regards Torchwood
Marci Posted January 22, 2025 Posted January 22, 2025 Proprietary file format to AIRMusic, so I'm afraid the answer is no - nothing I know of that can read them... Ignite should have the option to export as MIDI file, and then you'll have to remap to whatever instruments in whatever replacement DAW you end up with once imported.
JRA Posted January 22, 2025 Posted January 22, 2025 I'm no expert but I've had a little look and I'm not finding anything else that does, looks like the format is specific to Ignite AIR. Think they might just have to export the audio and begin again. It does look like it exports MIDI at least, as well as audio. That be any good? EDIT - as post above.
Torchwood Posted January 23, 2025 Author Posted January 23, 2025 Ok, Thanks for the input. I'll take a look and see if I can word out a solution. Regards Torchwood
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now