GrumbleDook Posted July 29, 2008 Posted July 29, 2008 Yeah ... I know ... I am meant to be on holiday. Something has come up though ... I am looking to have a chat with a number of primary, secondary and special schools about Data Protection / Management. This needs to be started quite quickly and also needs to have the agreement of senior leaders / managers at your school. It will involve an audit of existing practice which may be logged (anonymously if required) and then guidance about what policy, procedural and technical changes are required to achieve the levels that the existing legislation says we should be reaching. This will be a very important project aimed at getting some real school experience into forthcoming paperwork and documentation.
pooley Posted July 29, 2008 Posted July 29, 2008 May be able to help you (as long as you want to know what welsh primaries are up to) What things are you looking for ? I can go to my HT and get permission etc. Si
kmount Posted July 30, 2008 Posted July 30, 2008 Sorry Shep, got your voicemail, I'm stacked out mate.. Sorry...
Ric_ Posted July 30, 2008 Posted July 30, 2008 I'll offer to help if possible - a couple of problems mind... we are currently ratifying our policies (we are making big AUP, DP and IP changes so we have to put it before the unions and governors) and there's no SLT about at the moment.
GrumbleDook Posted July 30, 2008 Author Posted July 30, 2008 This will be a technical audit more than anything else (looking at what changes or adaptations of technology are needed to meet the new guidance) but agreement and understanding from Senior Leaders is a pre-requisite. I will be getting an outline brief later today and those who have expressed a willingness to take part will receive a copy and contact details for taking it forward. If you have time to spare it will be worth it as it will give you a chance to save time later on (as well as possible discussions of "it isn't that important, we don't really have to do it" type responses when you go to tell your SLT what you need to change based on the new guidance). This would be quite beneficial for anyone looking after multiple primaries too.
contink Posted July 30, 2008 Posted July 30, 2008 I'd love to be involved but wedding is now T-11 days so I'm fresh out of time.. If you want to put me in the loop I'd be happy to provide insights if I get 5 minutes or more but realistically any input is going to be limited.
OutLawTorn Posted July 31, 2008 Posted July 31, 2008 I work for a company that provides support to about a dozen high schools and another half dozen primary schools... the only catch is that they are in Sydney, Australia... Even still, if it would be any use let me know and i'll see what i can do?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now