adamchapman Posted July 26, 2008 Posted July 26, 2008 we currently host our own website using IIS with ISA 2004 as our firewall. We have recently setup an internal web based helpdesk on another server which we'd like to open up on the internet so the primary schools that we support can log calls. On ISA I have setup the rule to send " http://helpdesk.caistor-yarborough.lincs.sch.uk " to the helpdesk server (by copying our existing working rule and changing the public name & server name) I don't know what to do next with DNS. Do I need to register the subdomain on our internal DNS server... OR do I need to let the county council IT helpdesk know so that they can set the subdomain up at their end? Anyone know where I go from here?
CyberNerd Posted July 26, 2008 Posted July 26, 2008 do I need to let the county council IT helpdesk know so that they can set the subdomain up at their end? yes, it can't be done internally because the DNS server for your domain is lincscc netlinc/ramesys
adamchapman Posted July 26, 2008 Author Posted July 26, 2008 thanks, that might explain why its not working! will have to make a call to Mouchel IT helpdesk on Monday...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now