aac Posted April 12, 2024 Posted April 12, 2024 Hi all I have created a new group (Dynamic User) in Azure AD and am having some issues getting the rule syntax to work as expected. Firstly I add user.memberof -any (group.objectId -in ['xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx']) which works fine to pull in members from another group but then I need to pull in members from an additional group and it just will not work if I put -or in between. Has anyone had to do this before that has suceeded atall?
5tu Posted April 12, 2024 Posted April 12, 2024 According to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/users/groups-dynamic-rule-member-of I don’t think it’s possible to combine a “memberof” query with anything else. “The memberOf attribute can't be used with other rules. For example, a rule that states dynamic group A should contain members of group B and also should contain only users located in Redmond will fail.”
NicholasEsping Posted April 12, 2024 Posted April 12, 2024 Hi all I have created a new group (Dynamic User) in Azure AD and am having some issues getting the rule syntax to work as expected. Firstly I add user.memberof -any (group.objectId -in ['xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx']) which works fine to pull in members from another group but then I need to pull in members from an additional group and it just will not work if I put -or in between. Has anyone had to do this before that has suceeded atall? Try it like this and it should add users from both groups into the new group. user.memberof -any (group.objectId -in ['xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx', 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx']) 1
aac Posted April 16, 2024 Author Posted April 16, 2024 Thankyou very much, this did exactly what I wanted
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now