discoveranother Posted February 28, 2024 Posted February 28, 2024 Hi all, We have a couple of schools looking at Google classroom. I just wondered if anyone could please advise of how easy it is to setup, what is needed and any costs involved. Thanks all
HarryMonkey Posted February 28, 2024 Posted February 28, 2024 I can't comment on the setup as the schools that I look after all had it when I took them on. In terms of management I find it very straightforward, especially once you get your head around GAM (Google's equivalent of PowerShell). 1
Ditto Posted February 28, 2024 Posted February 28, 2024 In license terms, from £0 to £4 per pupil per year. The bigger cost will be time to implement and train teachers how to use. In my opinion, well worth the cost. See https://edu.google.com/intl/ALL_uk/workspace-for-education/editions/compare-editions/ for the differences between the versions. 1
K-ITS Posted February 28, 2024 Posted February 28, 2024 I've set it up in 2 schools with minimal fuss, you just need access to a few settings if you were looking at emails etc. We use the free version and it has suited our current need. For creating classrooms and allocating staff etc if you dont want to learn GAM then I use a setup by Goldy Arora called Classright which is very straightforward and helps me manage the classes. https://www.goldyarora.com/guides/classright His website is full of setup guides as well which are really helpful. 2
PotNoodleTech Posted March 1, 2024 Posted March 1, 2024 Been running free version here since 2014. Costs are domain name £20 a year and extra licenses for staff to record and save google meets which is a couple of grand a year. If setting it up from scratch then use a MIS/Active directory SYNC client so that everything gets provisioned automatically.
HarryMonkey Posted March 1, 2024 Posted March 1, 2024 If setting it up from scratch then use a MIS/Active directory SYNC client so that everything gets provisioned automatically. Wonde do a sync specifically for Google.
PotNoodleTech Posted March 1, 2024 Posted March 1, 2024 Wonde do a sync specifically for Google. Ooh didn't know that! That will do the job especially if it provisions all the years, classes etc automatically!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now