Marci Posted April 18, 2024 Posted April 18, 2024 (edited) Workspaces (My or otherwise) are all in Power BI Service online. Sounds like previously either - they had your login cached on their machine when accessing app.powerbi.com from some earlier point in time (unlikely), or they had a premium-per-user or pro trial license in play attached to their free license (which most folk do for the first 60 days of use), as per... Possible that they were given a premium trial account when they first accessed the dashboard? It's the default workflow if you don't have a license at all.Those are the only two ways it would have been possible as far as I'm concerned. Edited April 18, 2024 by Marci 1
Ditto Posted April 18, 2024 Posted April 18, 2024 Workspaces (My or otherwise) are all in Power BI Service online. Sounds like previously either - they had your login cached on their machine when accessing app.powerbi.com from some earlier point in time (unlikely), or they had a premium-per-user or pro trial license in play attached to their free license (which most folk do for the first 60 days of use), as per... Those are the only two ways it would have been possible as far as I'm concerned. Trial premium-pro is the likely scenario - I wouldn't have seen what they did at the time but 60 days is around the mark. Unfortunately it all leads to an unpleasant feeling, akin to Freemium catching. I feel badly for those on earlier versions where it all worked beautifully without the additional expense, to find that all that work is now unusable without topping up MS coffers even more. I guess that's commerce! In our case, I think the charity will bite the bullet, but we'd much rather the charities funds were spent on our prime goal of supporting young people, children and families emotional wellbeing and mental health.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now