sigma Posted January 17, 2024 Posted January 17, 2024 I've replaced our ISP Keyword Block List with our own so that we more closely conform to KCSIE 2023. This is not a Keyword Block list in the true Netsweeper sense, but a Netsweeper Shared List with Wholeword, Multiple Wholeword and Multiple Keyword (Netsweeper definitions) entries, in the manner of the ISP's list. I always look at the report from the previous day in order to explain why words that "appear to be blocked", that are not on the list show as blocked. Usually, this is because there is a pattern match in one of the appended parameters, and I thought I'd largely eliminated this in our new list, with the exception of this example: hxxps://www.google.co.uk/search?q=save+the+butterflies+poster&tbm=isch&ved= 2ahUKEwiDxdfi0If6AhVRSxoKHbq5DOUQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=save+the+butt&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQARgAMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMg YIABAeEAUyBggAEwLjQuNy0xmAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfA AQE&sclient=img&ei=xSYbY8POCdGWabrzsqgO&bih=722&bi w=1536&surl=1&safe=active&ssui=on Where the user has predictive search and has got as far as keying in the word "butt" and then auto complete has completed "butterfly", but the words actually keyed in form part of the search &oq= search string and so it was blocked. (NB. The word butt is no longer blocked as a single word). My new issue concerns the following which was blocked yesterday: hxxps://www.google.co.uk/complete/search?q=tea&cp=3&client=gws-wiz&xssi=t&gs_pcrt=undefined&hl=en-GB&authuser=0&psi=dm2mZb_ 5872&dpr=1&pq=quizizz%20join&safe=active&surl=1 I can't find any documentation, but looking at logs, I think the &pq= parameter is "previous query", which as it was a blocked term (pupils are not allowed to search to join random quizizz quizzes with random strangers), caused a false positive block of the search for "tea". I've never noticed this before. I'm thinking the device might be an iPad in this instance, and have no idea if that would make a difference. Does anyone know?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now