Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys, I'm trying to omit a few folders from OneDrive sync but am getting the error: "can't stop syncing folder the folder you tried to unselect contains the windows documents folder."

The only reason I can see for that is the Desktop and Pictures folders are nested under the main Documents folder. IE:

Documents: C:\Users\user\OneDrive

Desktop: C:\Users\user\OneDrive\Desktop

Music: C:\Users\user\OneDrive\Music

I've got folder redirection configured via a GPO to follow the user profile location, is that not the way I should be doing it?

Worried about making a change at this stage as I've got about 2300 users set up in the way above.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

With OneDrive, it's a good practice to avoid nesting common folders like Desktop and Pictures within Documents. Regarding GPO, make sure it's not conflicting with OneDrive settings. You might want to test changes on a smaller scale first or reach out to your IT support. Safety first with 2300 users!

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...