Michael Posted September 29, 2022 Posted September 29, 2022 Afternoon all, I've been asked what should be a really simple request, but everything I've looked at online is out of date. A user's name in Windows/O365 is officially J Bloggs They want to appear as Joe in a Teams meeting. The user is sync'ed with AAD, but then I cannot rename myself either (not using AAD). Clicking my initials (top right in Teams) does not show a Profile link or similar. Some websites suggest naming yourself (on the mic/camera screen), but I'm not sure if this always appears? TIA.
Boredguy Posted September 29, 2022 Posted September 29, 2022 As your using AAD Sync, Teams picks up the Display name field from AD. We updated all our students names in Lockdown 1 to be Surname, Forename instead of Forename Surname to aid teachers taking a register. It can take up to 48 hours for Teams to show the display name change so don't panic if it doesn't appear straight away. It will also update the information shown in internal e-mails, so if they send to students maybe they need to decide which they want....
Michael Posted September 29, 2022 Author Posted September 29, 2022 Thanks for that - it's just I can literally find nothing online documenting this. Normally Microsoft are pretty good with their Applies to KB articles. I think the functionality was previously there, but at some point Microsoft have retracted it.
SamanthaD Posted October 20, 2022 Posted October 20, 2022 Apparently not available on Teams - I've asked for this (as available on Zoom) from an EDI perspective (pro noun adding, neuro diversity awareness etc). Microsoft feature request link
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now