CHiLL Posted September 26, 2022 Posted September 26, 2022 Since having to rebuild my ESX hosts in recent weeks due to hardware failures, I've not been able to get VMware updates to work with the error "An unexpected error has occurred" every time I load the updates tab on the cluster or hosts in vSphere. I had been getting the same issue in updates tab in VCSA, but I was able to unregister the plugin and reregister it. Now the updates tab in VCSA works and I can see it's sucessfully checking for updates (Last checked Sept 23, 2022, 10:35). Though it seems the automaitc checking schedule isn't working (every day at midnight), though when I press check now, it works correctly. I'm currently at a loss as to how to get VMware updates working again.
arwen Posted September 26, 2022 Posted September 26, 2022 Restarting the inventory service within the vcenter server/VCSA normally fixes this for me. I tend to just reboot the vcenter though, since they tend to behave better if rebooted every so often.
CHiLL Posted September 27, 2022 Author Posted September 27, 2022 Restarting the inventory service within the vcenter server/VCSA normally fixes this for me. I tend to just reboot the vcenter though, since they tend to behave better if rebooted every so often. Annoyingly, neither restarting the service or restarting the virtual appliance fixes the issue. The VCSA itself reports all the services as healthy (including VMware vSphere Update Manager), but just Update Manager in vSphere web client doesn't load.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now