Danp Posted September 14, 2022 Posted September 14, 2022 All our pupils only use Chrome devices so I have been running the filtering based on extension installed when they login. 2020-21 used securly free and it did what we needed for then. 2021-22 switched to GoGuardian as it's what the other schools in my trust are using and it just felt like the right thing to do. 2022-23 currently running a demo of Senso. Reason for this, the filtering and classroom features are cheaper than GoGuardian. Now, I a bit stuck, I quite like Senso, but one thing that I feel is missing is the logging side. Ideally, if want to be able to look up a site and find out why it was blocked and I've been told this isn't possible. Also, at the moment not all devices are showing as online via the classroom features, but we are still working on why that might be the case. So, now what I do? Carry on with Senso and lose out on something I feel I need? Go back to GoGuardian as I'm used to it? Or try securly again? Or, something else? TIA!
rogerdnixon Posted September 14, 2022 Posted September 14, 2022 We use Securly Filtering and Safeguarding across our Trust (28 schools) and Securly Classroom for monitoring by Teachers. Works well and scales well. 1
Wave9_Lee Posted September 15, 2022 Posted September 15, 2022 All our pupils only use Chrome devices so I have been running the filtering based on extension installed when they login. 2020-21 used securly free and it did what we needed for then. 2021-22 switched to GoGuardian as it's what the other schools in my trust are using and it just felt like the right thing to do. 2022-23 currently running a demo of Senso. Reason for this, the filtering and classroom features are cheaper than GoGuardian. Now, I a bit stuck, I quite like Senso, but one thing that I feel is missing is the logging side. Ideally, if want to be able to look up a site and find out why it was blocked and I've been told this isn't possible. Also, at the moment not all devices are showing as online via the classroom features, but we are still working on why that might be the case. So, now what I do? Carry on with Senso and lose out on something I feel I need? Go back to GoGuardian as I'm used to it? Or try securly again? Or, something else? TIA! We have many of our Schools and MATS using Lightspeed Filter, Lightspeed Alert and Lightspeed Classroom. Definitely worth a look before you decide - if you'd like I can arrange a demo or trial anytime, works wel lwith Chromebooks and have the logging functionality you're missing. cheers 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now