Rosscobaby Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 We have an issue that we are trying to unpick to no avail. On recently provisioned staff devices Windows + P and Windows + K have stopped working. We know it's not group policy and think it is probably something in the NCSC recommended endpoint policies. My question though is the following: We know that Windows + P launches DisplaySwitch.exe, what executable does Windows + K launch, please? thanks.
NPostill Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 On my machine it launches the Connect menu and searches for Wireless displays and Audio. Nick
MicrodigitUK Posted September 14, 2022 Posted September 14, 2022 We have an issue that we are trying to unpick to no avail. On recently provisioned staff devices Windows + P and Windows + K have stopped working. We know it's not group policy and think it is probably something in the NCSC recommended endpoint policies. My question though is the following: We know that Windows + P launches DisplaySwitch.exe, what executable does Windows + K launch, please? thanks. I had this issue when I implemented NCSC recommended Intune policy on devices. So you’re on the right track, it definitely is one of the NCSC settings you have put in place. I don’t work at that place where I implemented this anymore, so I can’t quickly cross compare. But I think the setting was rather obscure and took me a few days to find, something to do with externally connected devices From memory although it has been 4 years! The way the policy is worded you wouldn’t expect it to have the impact it does (that I do remember). 1
Rosscobaby Posted September 28, 2022 Author Posted September 28, 2022 Thanks for this, we are having another delve into the intune polices.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now