Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all. I've just posted this over on the classrooms forum (I'm used to hanging out with the cc3 people) but realised this might be a better place to ask. I have a pretty basic question about a wireless system for laptops. One of my schools had a new set of wireless access points put in and I was left without a handover.

 

It's a netgear smartswitch and four access points. Using netstumbler, I can see the access points. The display shows them as being at subnet

 

10.92.142.154.0/24

 

 

I'm not sure what that means, or how I get at them. The laptops see the network as NETGEAR and I'd like to change it to something else. I've logged on to wireless access points on other networks, but I can't figure out what IP address they're at.

 

Many thanks.

 

Michele

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...