PowerShellWolf Posted June 23, 2022 Posted June 23, 2022 So recently I have started building a new MDTS image for my site and found myself needing to create new driver packages. So I wrote a PowerShell tool to extract drivers from a machine and organize them neatly. As well as creating the WMIC query used by SCCM or MDTS task sequences. The PS1 script can be found here: DriverExtractor.ps1 (github.com) You will need to edit the file to point to your Source Driver location on your SCCM/MDTS server before running it. The script will extract all drivers to "DriverSources/Computers/WMIC Name/", the WMI query will be saved as a txt file here to. You can specify driver classes to extract separately, by default printers & software components these will extract to "DriverSources/Printers/" & "DriverSources/SoftwareComponents/". Keep in mind this will take a fair amount of time to run, some devices have over 10GB of drivers (I am looking at your DELL!). Not sure if this will be useful to anybody else but I thought I would drop this here anyway. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now