Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, over the last few weeks a significant number of staff has reported that both Outlook and Office apps will randomly hang at some stages or just becoming unbearably slow, and I am currently unsure as to what can be causing it, we currently use Office Professional Plus 2019 installed on staff machines and haven't had any major issues before, has there been a recent Windows Update that has broken Office, we don't really have many third party add-ons either so I can't see a reason why they would become slow and occasionaly freeze/hang.

 

Just wanted some thoughts as to some fixes/workarounds?

Posted
Do you use UEV at all? We had a similar case where some of the paths weren't mapped correctly I think in the UEV templates. Removing the templates or disabling UEV resolved the issue.
Posted
Do you use UEV at all? We had a similar case where some of the paths weren't mapped correctly I think in the UEV templates. Removing the templates or disabling UEV resolved the issue.

 

No We don't currently use UEV at all, at least I've just checked a few computers we have and they don't have UEV enabled.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...