Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is there anyway of setting up groups and add users that can only access certain components within the backend?

 

I dont want to give people too much access to be able to mess the entire site up due to people poking there nose into things they should't.

Posted (edited)

seems to be quite a flaw in the security?

 

You have to allow people into the backend to add items with certain components, but then they can kill your site by messing around.

 

Maybe a feature request/improvement???

 

Backend Security Groups

 

like in the user manager section create groups add people to them.

 

You can set permissions on the groups to allow them access to certain components.

 

Same as phpnuke backend.

 

Just a thought...

Edited by DirtySnipe
Posted
sorry that's what I ment when I said it was a hack I have had to use it for one of my primarys as the students run the website and it too keep control. But I have had issues.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...