Neville Posted June 26, 2008 Posted June 26, 2008 How do I go into the bios of an apple mac to change it's bootup sequence we have osx 10.4.11 intel based machines. I need to get the apple mac to boot from the Network Card first.
Domino Posted June 26, 2008 Posted June 26, 2008 have a look at the 'bootup' command Mac OS X Manual Page For ipmitool(1) there's no real bios as such......
M.Slaughter Posted June 26, 2008 Posted June 26, 2008 Found this on the Apple website, I hope it helps in some way. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/NetBoot_TB_v10.4.pdf I know that as you turn a mac on, prior to hearing the boot up sound, hold down the 'n' key. You will then enter into the network options of the mac. From memory I can't remember what options you are then given, however it is possible you may be able to solve your problem from within there... I hope this has been of some help
manxdan Posted June 26, 2008 Posted June 26, 2008 hold N key on boot for netboot hold C key on boot for CD/DVD boot hold alt key to be presented with a choice of available systems - handy if you want to boot from external HD or via firewire from any other MAC started in target mode (hold T on boot) to set the default boot system: system preferences/startup disk - choose your weapon enjoy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now