JRA Posted March 24, 2022 Posted March 24, 2022 Morning all, As I say probably a long shot but imaging these new laptops with FOG and it won't see the disk afterwards. Assuming some combination of disabling secure boot/odd UEFI settings will be it, but if anyone's trodden the path before let me know? I'll be MEGA grateful! Thanks all.
JRA Posted March 24, 2022 Author Posted March 24, 2022 Thinking it's far far too new to boot my legacy FOG image so I'm knocking up another one for the swanky new UEFI devices. Urgh.
3s-gtech Posted March 24, 2022 Posted March 24, 2022 UEFI was what pushed me to MDT. I don’t regret it. FOG was amazing, but MDT is even quicker and definitely more flexible (update the task sequence - boom, new OS version!) 1
JRA Posted March 25, 2022 Author Posted March 25, 2022 Yeah always lurking in the background is the old WDS route. I tried it a couple of times and I couldn't get on with it. FOG and the auto domain-join and the familiarity won out lol. All fine now, newest ipxe (et al) files in /tftpboot and I could then PXE boot, whole new UEFI image for the UEFI-types and imaging fine now. Well it would be if I could stop cack-handing unattend.xml... 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now