Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

Just wondering the best way about licensing devices under EES (using Intune). I had presumed as these were Azure AD joined devices the magic would just happen but, alas, this isn't the case.

 

What I have found so far:

 

  • Windows installs with the default GVLK as standard
  • Computer may have a BIOS embedded key - but if upgrading from W10 to W11 this wont work

 

For our devices in school I guess we could just leave these as KMS and be done with it. We have a handful of devices at the central team that never see a traditional server - do I just push the MAK key out to these (Powershell script???)

 

Or is there a better way to manage all of this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...