benIT Posted June 20, 2008 Posted June 20, 2008 Hello, I have Exchange 2007 installed on a server. The Global Address book populated from AD is fine for internal users and contacts in AD. I have a CSV File with lots of external contacts names / email addresses that all staff use / need access to. Can this be imported into a new global address book called external contacts? I know i could set them up as contacts in ad, but i dont want a new user for each contact!! - Any ideas ??????????????? thanks in advance!!!
spc-rocket Posted June 20, 2008 Posted June 20, 2008 Hello, I have Exchange 2007 installed on a server. The Global Address book populated from AD is fine for internal users and contacts in AD. I have a CSV File with lots of external contacts names / email addresses that all staff use / need access to. Can this be imported into a new global address book called external contacts? I know i could set them up as contacts in ad, but i dont want a new user for each contact!! - Any ideas ??????????????? thanks in advance!!! This might be helpful. Import contacts from CSV file into Exchange 2007 - TechNet Forums Ash.
srochford Posted June 22, 2008 Posted June 22, 2008 Public folders are seen as "old-fashioned" but are still there in 2007 and this is a good way of providing contacts to everyone (or a particular group of people) and it's easy to fill a public folder from a CSV file.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now