Guest ZFarnworth Posted December 30, 2021 Posted December 30, 2021 Hi all, Last night I started up a RDS server for remote access again as staff are going off more and more and I had put it on 2012 R2 Today I’m going to upgrade but before I do is there anything I should watch out for? Licensing issues?
Boredguy Posted December 30, 2021 Posted December 30, 2021 As long as your current RDS Cals allow for running on 2019 you should be ok. We redid our RDS box in the summer from 2012 R2 and had to replace our existing CALS's since they were not on Software Assurance so were limited to 2012 or earlier. Depending on what your Office 365 licencing is like as well, if your running MFA then putting your RDS box behind the MS Application Proxy is a worthwhile step (and also means you don't need your local firewall to have a port open for it to work)
Guest ZFarnworth Posted December 30, 2021 Posted December 30, 2021 I’ve been thinking about putting it behind ms. Is there a cost??
Boredguy Posted December 30, 2021 Posted December 30, 2021 Well you need to have at least an Azure P1 licence so it depends what you currently have available, otherwise there will be a cost implication (we got it via upgrading our staff accounts to A3 EM&S ones)
Guest ZFarnworth Posted December 30, 2021 Posted December 30, 2021 Need some help on something before I upgrade: When I connect to the rdp file I get an error on a different network I get there was a problem connecting to the remote resource. Any help
Guest ZFarnworth Posted December 30, 2021 Posted December 30, 2021 Problem solved. Not the best fix but it works…
Guest ZFarnworth Posted December 31, 2021 Posted December 31, 2021 Just had a heart attack, RD server went down then the main dc, protocol error and a dns error [emoji22] Don’t you just love it when that happens!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now