NathanH99 Posted December 23, 2021 Posted December 23, 2021 Hi, I work in a high school and I am testing cloud storage instead of the traditional file servers. I have so far installed one drive sync app on the desktops and created a group policy to manage the settings such as auto sign in with domain credentials which works great. I am struggling to auto sync Sharepoint Library sites on logon which I have created. I have created another GPO which maps the library through the One Drive group policy's and this works however takes hours to sync the drive to the computer which would not work in our environment as student and staff are logging into different machines all the time. Is there a way to map the Library site straight away on login? If not I don't see how cloud storage would work. Thanks, Nathan
MicrodigitUK Posted December 23, 2021 Posted December 23, 2021 Hi, I have created another GPO which maps the library through the One Drive group policy's and this works however takes hours to sync the drive to the computer which would not work in our environment as student and staff are logging into different machines all the time. Is there a way to map the Library site straight away on login? If not I don't see how cloud storage would work. The missing link is “FSLogix” Office profile to allow the OneDrive sync client cached data to rome between devices. The irony being you still need quite a large amount off on the site network storage to hold the FSLogix profiles with OneDrive data.
thimon Posted December 23, 2021 Posted December 23, 2021 (edited) Taking hours to sync libraries is what is stated in Microsoft’s documentation. If you want instant syncing on user logon you’ll either need to use a PowerShell script or third party software such as Cloud Drive Mapper. Edited December 23, 2021 by thimon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now