SDLSOP Posted November 27, 2021 Posted November 27, 2021 (edited) Hi there, This is sort of a follow up, to my previous thread on the SIMS 2013 password Since we have not been successful into getting such password, I am using the SIMS Spring 2014 release instead. However now we have a different issue, We have the install media, however now we do not have the database to even use it (I am referring to the one that comes with SIMS to begin with, just after you finished installing SIMS originally) Now, if anyone could possibly send me such a database via PM, or if anyone can send me in the correct direction (we have a software network share with all the schools in our trust, and none of them contain the correct database, we have the one for FMS just not SIMS). The files I need are the newsimsdatabase.ldf and .mdf Thank you, Joe Edited November 27, 2021 by SDLSOP
aicrd Posted November 27, 2021 Posted November 27, 2021 No one on EduGeek can provide these files as it would be a breach of any sort of contracts we currently hold with ESS. It is also against forum rules. If you need these files, ask ESS or your SIMS support unit. Might I ask why you are installing such an old version of SIMS? I don't really understand the use case here.
Ditto Posted November 28, 2021 Posted November 28, 2021 In your other post, you said you would speak to your SIMS support provider. Could they not help?
SDLSOP Posted November 28, 2021 Author Posted November 28, 2021 In your other post, you said you would speak to your SIMS support provider. Could they not help? We changed support units around mid-2019, I cannot remember when exactly. (management issues) We now have a different unit, that now support our entire school trust (so it is easier for my department to manage everything) I had contacted them about SIMS Summer 2 2013, but they came back that they simply can't give me the details (they said more, but I get a lot of emails every single day, and can't remember what they said exactly, maybe they said they are not allowed to give details from that long ago, I'm not entirely sure) sorry. ---- In reply to previous comment (aicrd), The only reason that we are attempting to use such an old version, is that we have the old training dataset for it, as it is suitable for any of the members of staff at my school, who need more experience with SIMS (I do not want them using the live school database). However I cannot seem to import it at the moment, it is a long a complicated story, I do not want to make this post too long. Cheers, Joe
Ditto Posted November 28, 2021 Posted November 28, 2021 See http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/209977-green-abbey.html
SDLSOP Posted November 28, 2021 Author Posted November 28, 2021 (edited) See http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/209977-green-abbey.html Thanks I have what I need, but now that I have gone to configure it on a test virtual machine at home (back at school on Monday)This error pops up Any ideas why? Thanks, Joe Edited November 28, 2021 by SDLSOP
Boredguy Posted November 28, 2021 Posted November 28, 2021 Not sure your actually covered for installing on a VM at home, even for testing. All the SIMS Support providers have access to the information for installing SIMS from scratch, and the training DB isn't really much much help these days since it's over 7 years old and I can't think of any reason any of our new staff have needed to have any training in SIMS that could not be done on the live system. If it's something specific like Timetabling or Exams, then the staff go on the course for learning the modules.
SDLSOP Posted November 29, 2021 Author Posted November 29, 2021 (edited) Not sure your actually covered for installing on a VM at home, even for testing. All the SIMS Support providers have access to the information for installing SIMS from scratch, and the training DB isn't really much much help these days since it's over 7 years old and I can't think of any reason any of our new staff have needed to have any training in SIMS that could not be done on the live system. If it's something specific like Timetabling or Exams, then the staff go on the course for learning the modules. Hmm, interesting thanks, I sent them an email this morning regarding that, since they said they didn't have access to 2016 or earlier (which does seem odd to me) No response as of yet. Also, I restored a backup of our demo database with false information for training (I had just found earlier today) Version Spring 2017 No more issues with this thread therefore, thank you for the guidance and advice Joe Edited November 29, 2021 by SDLSOP
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now