Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm attempting to package up Scribus today which has packaged up fine but need to tweak it so that:

 

1) All network mapped drives do not appear in the "Open" or "Save as" windows

2) The default "Open" & "Save as" drive is N:\ rather than "C:\Documents and Settings\user" (There's nothing in the registry that specifies this location)

 

I've opened the msi up in ORCA and thought i'd found the right bits to tweak but when installed again nothing has changed.

 

Has anyone else played around with this?

Posted
Scribus is written using the QT toolkit, this is a cross platform toolkit and as such doesn't always do things the windows way.
Posted
I've noticed this is the case for many open source titles and am reluctant to distribute these over the network when i can't control as i want.
Posted
I have a similar problem with Scribus, I can't deploy it until it knows what folder redirection is. You will have to wait for Scribus to move to the newer version of the QT framework.
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
Posted

Hi Guys, i'm just taking a look at Scribus. Did you get the issues ironed out?

 

@ Geoff - does it now play nicely with folder redirection? If not what are the problems that it causes with folder redirection?

 

@ randle - any specific issues when packaging or extras that you need to install?

 

Cheers.

Posted
Yes Scribus will not work correctly without Ghostscript. However as ghostscript is such a large and complex package I would deploy it separately. Just ensure your Ghostscript package will only install on condition that Ghostscript is present.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...