caffrey Posted March 10, 2021 Posted March 10, 2021 Not sure if this is the right place for the topic but does having a chromebook in kiosk mode retain user filled in form data ? (Autofill) I had some chromebooks setup for the LFT using a single user account but it retained data in the form fields, I'm just experimenting with kiosk mode but there is no LTF form test form that I can see Is anyone else using chromebooks for the LTF testing registration ?
jthompson Posted March 10, 2021 Posted March 10, 2021 A managed guest session doesn't appear to store any auto-fill data, not even within a session. The settings for it are absent from chrome://settings, but iirc that would only be for logins, payment methods and addresses anyway. 1
caffrey Posted March 10, 2021 Author Posted March 10, 2021 Kiosk mode seems to blank the screen after a while too, and I'm not even sure if you can go back to the start of the form once finished as I've no way of testing Think I'll just tell everyone to sign in as themselves - seems the simplest option
caffrey Posted March 10, 2021 Author Posted March 10, 2021 Cracked it by crafting a special user account in a new OU, then set the settings on the user account to not autofill. Logging on with that account now just opens the LFT site and accepts cookies etc. Autofill has gone. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now