Finding_Scotty Posted June 10, 2008 Posted June 10, 2008 Has anyone had trouble saving or exporting files using Fireworks 2004 MX? I occasionally get an alert box with "Could not complete your request. An internal error occurred." I've taken a look at this tech article from Adobe:tn_18872 We are currently running Symantec's Norton Utilities with the AutoProtect feature turned on on our RM CC3 network. The tech article states that the fix is to turn autoprotect off however this isn't viable as it is a school network and Autoprotect is required. Tried calling Adobe up but they no longer provide support for the product grr...
dhicks Posted June 10, 2008 Posted June 10, 2008 The tech article states that the fix is to turn autoprotect off however this isn't viable as it is a school network and Autoprotect is required. Well, that's pretty much your answer, then - problem is unsolvable, time to upgrade to Creative Studio 3... I've been considering upgrading my own copy of Sudio MX to CS3 - if I wait until the next version comes out I have to pay full price rather than be eligible for an upgrade. However, even the upgrade is £500-odd... Studio MX is a tad on the flaky side at times - for instance, Flash MX crashes if I leave my drawing tablet running. I get the impression that things are a little more reliable now Adobe are on the case. -- David Hicks 1
CyberNerd Posted June 10, 2008 Posted June 10, 2008 Don't do it unless you really need a feature. CS3 is bloatware city compared to MX. 1
Finding_Scotty Posted June 11, 2008 Author Posted June 11, 2008 Oh well for the moment the school will have to make do I guess! It's funny how the head of IT expects me to re-write the software or something to stop it from happening! Pratt. Thanks guys
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now