mward Posted February 25, 2021 Posted February 25, 2021 Hi all, We're in the process of reviewing an (almost!) Full migration to GSuite, removing all MS Office Apps (with the exception of Outlook) and using GSuite alternatives. The only headache I've left to sort is file attachments received in Outlook... If a users accesses mail using 365, all attachments can be natively opened without an issue, but if they use the Outlook program I can't find a way to associate any files with the GSuite equivalent. E.g. received a docx file and would like it to associate and open with Google Docs... I know its not natively supported, but has anyone found any plugins or methods to get this to work? TIA
MartinDT Posted February 26, 2021 Posted February 26, 2021 (edited) Morning, Just install the following Google Chrome Addon, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/office-editing-for-docs-s/gbkeegbaiigmenfmjfclcdgdpimamgkj?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon And then change the default file type association (Or right click and open with), and you can then instantly open the office documents in Chrome / Google Docs and edit away. You even get the open to convert it to a Google Doc. P.s. I'm sure you friendly neighborhood IT Guru, will be able to push it out VIA the Google admin console, for all your users ;-) Edited February 26, 2021 by MartinDT
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now