Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Guys, need some help with this one as it has be well and truly stumped.

 

When using a screen that has its scaling set to anything other than 100% we are having a problem with suing the InTouch menus.

 

Windows defaults the scaling to 200% on a lot of teachers' devices. This is causing issues when opening the InTouch module.

SIMS goes unresponsive for a short time and sets the screen to around 1/4 of the size. It also drop the Scaling to 100% for the module.

 

When restoring the screen to full size, the menus dont line up and any drop-down is next to impossible to use.

 

When using two screen, with one set to 100% the second to 200%, dragging the sims screen over to breaks InTouch again.

 

This is happening when using both the Remote App and when running directly on the server.

 

I had thought it was to do with Windows 8 DPI scaling. But I am coming to the conclusing that the

The apparent "fix" is to just set it to 100%. But this isn't the best as it makes everything else difficult to use.

 

 

Can anyone suggest anything to try out?

 

Thanks

Posted

I had similar trying to use Adobe CS6 on a 4k display. Try changing the DPI setttings on the InTouch exe file

 

Open properties -> Compatability -> Change settings for all users -> Change High DPI Settings -> "Overrride high DPI scaling behaviour" - set this to System instead of Application.

Posted

I was only able to try that out out with the pulsar.exe shortcut.

I'll see if I can find out what the button press to run the InTouch module actually does - seems promising though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...