Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Dear all,

 

We are being asked by our Music department to support Bandlab and get it on our approved software list (with accompanying DPIA). At present I have a couple of issues preventing me fully signing off on this and wondered if anyone using the software could advise how they have got around these issues:

 

  • It does not seem possible to create a classroom where only invited students can join. Whilst it is unlikely guests would be able to work out a classroom code and join without it being published, as a safeguarding measure I like to remove all possibilities and ensure there is zero possibility of this happening.
  • It seems impossible to disable unmonitored chat between students.

 

How have people got around these issues?

 

Michael

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Did you get anywhere with this @CyBeRkId2002

 

Our music department are now asking for the same and after reading their privacy policy I have the same concerns as you. I always worry about using a site who provide a dead link to a list of where their data is stored. The privacy policy seems fairly comprehensive for the most part, although slightly contradictory in places.

Posted
I've had a play with BandLab and whilst it's good, it still seems a little limited to me in terms of functionality.

Are they using it becuase its a "Free SoundTrap" ?

 

I think they are approaching this because it is:

 

  • Free
  • Online
  • Will enable some form of practical music lessons, as the music room is unavailable to year 7, 8 & 9 currently.

 

Honestly, my only real remit and interest given the above is; does it comply with GDPR and is it safe.

  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Thanks both, I've let the music teacher know that it might not be possible.

 

If anyone finds a free, or very cheap, piece of composition software I can use on Chromebooks, that would be great!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...