Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Couple of things...

 

1. Do schools *need* to share personal data with PHE and NHS Test and Trace workers on request or if there is a suspect COVID case in school or does this fall with parents/carers?

 

2. Do any of you guys have a privacy notice for sharing personal data with Public Health England for the NHS Test and Trace.... a bit of Google searching found a standard template that appears to be being used by schools with links to "Catholic Multi-Academy Trust".

 

https://www.stl-cmat.org.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Covid19-Test-and-Trace-Privacy-Notice-staff-students-May-2020.pdf

 

https://www.trinity.nottingham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/COVID19-TRACK-AND-TRACE-PRIVACY-NOTICE-STAFF-AND-STUDENTS-JUNE-2020.pdf

 

https://www.springfieldacademy.co.uk/news/detail/dlt-coronavirus-track-and-trace-privacy-notice-jun/

 

http://www.robertsutton.staffs.sch.uk/documents/Letters%20to%20Parents/2019-2020/2020.06%20-%20June/SRS-Privacy%20Notice%20for%20Coronavirus%20Test%20and%20Trace.pdf

 

https://www.piggottschool.org/page/?title=Privacy+Notices&pid=150 (Half way down the page)

 

https://www.rosehillinfants.co.uk/privacy-notice-and-data-protection/ (Half way down the page)

 

HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING SOMEWHERE - LIKE A DfE TEMPLATE OR WHAT??

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Thanks for those links, they are really useful!

I had hoped the ICO or DfE would have provided some definitive guidance for schools by now - I contacted the ICO back in May about this, and what schools should do about sharing data, and got a very generic response:

 

"At present I am unable to advise if we are going to be publishing specific guidance on track and trace. If we do it will appear in our coronavirus hub here: https://ico.org.uk/global/data-protection-and-coronavirus-information-hub/. As always data protection doesn't stop organisation sharing data where it is justified, proportionate and necessary. There will usually be a lawful basis to allow it. For example if you were sharing health data with relevant authorities the public health condition may well apply."

 

I know of one school where a parent has 'refused consent' for sharing details with Track and Trace, so I think there is a need for all schools to have a specific privacy notice about this (or to add to current privacy notices).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...