Guest Guest Posted June 21, 2020 Posted June 21, 2020 Over the summer were going to be replacing our wireless network with Unifi APs and creating a guest VLAN. I'm going to be using RADIUS assigned VLANs and will only have a single SSID, partly so BYOD devices will continue to work. User accounts will be assigned to the guest VLAN and devices to the main VLAN. If a user disconnects a school owned device from the network and manually reconnects will this use the users account and connect to the guest network or the computer account and rejoin the main network? Thanks
gh5000 Posted June 21, 2020 Posted June 21, 2020 Over the summer were going to be replacing our wireless network with Unifi APs and creating a guest VLAN. I'm going to be using RADIUS assigned VLANs and will only have a single SSID, partly so BYOD devices will continue to work. User accounts will be assigned to the guest VLAN and devices to the main VLAN. If a user disconnects a school owned device from the network and manually reconnects will this use the users account and connect to the guest network or the computer account and rejoin the main network? ThanksGood question that I thought I knew the answer to. Then I decided I was wrong. My current thought is that if the priorities in NPS are set correctly then the computer.
RobD Posted June 21, 2020 Posted June 21, 2020 My guess is it'll depend on the priority you have set up as well as the timeout and idle settings. If you setup the rules to lookup computer account first then user first then I think you'll be ok.
Guest Guest Posted June 21, 2020 Posted June 21, 2020 How do I configure NPS to lookup computer accounts first?
Guest Guest Posted June 21, 2020 Posted June 21, 2020 You can set the authentication mode to "Computer Authentication" in the network settings in GP I'll probably go with that, thanks
RobD Posted June 22, 2020 Posted June 22, 2020 You can set the authentication mode to "Computer Authentication" in the network settings in GP I'll probably go with that, thanks Glad you found it, I'm guessing you've got a cert authority (this is a pretty good guide).
Guest Guest Posted June 22, 2020 Posted June 22, 2020 We're already using Wpa enterprise we're replacing our switches and WiFi so are now able to add VLANs
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now