Edu-IT Posted May 3, 2020 Posted May 3, 2020 Is there any way to replicate a local storage drive to Sharepoint / Teams folders at set points throughout the day?
smithson83 Posted May 3, 2020 Posted May 3, 2020 (edited) The SharePoint Migration Tool SPMT can be installed and run via a Powershell command giving you much more control than the UI. In theory, you could run this via a scheduled task. Not sure how it would work in practice with update to files, or how it would deal with deletions etc. But all other ways I've tried are complex, expensive, or limit you to 2MB files. I've used it to backup certain directories, but this is only in the tempory/theory stage as we plan out migration to SP. ###Edit### I'm fairly sure you can't delete files in SP using SPMT if they are deleted locally. Not sure of this would cause an issue. I'm only currently overwriting a dozen large backup files, so this wasn't an issue for me. Edited May 3, 2020 by smithson83
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now