Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

RDS server 2012rs - folder redirection issue - new path not applying


Recommended Posts

Posted

I had to move some of the staff document folders (I know I should have dfs but..)

 

I created a new GPO pointing at the new ahare location.

 

As per the title, I have a 2012r2 rds server that when staff log on will not pic up the new location unless I reboot the server immediately after they login and get the eventvwr Folder redirection will be aplied next time you og on etc etc.

 

I can log on and off (tired 5 times for one user) and the new path will not apply, same Will be applied at next login rubbish in eventvwr, if i reboot the server once the user logs in, the next time they getthe new path and all is well. But it's only ok for that 1 user. Next teacher to log in has the same \\path to old share\desktop unavailabe message.

 

I gave tried, gpupdate, force and boot, as user and as admin.

 

Just cannot get it to apply for all users without a bl00dy reboot.

 

Anyone have any suggestions ?

 

DC's are server 2016&2019, domain level functional level is 2012.

 

SI

Posted

I'll reply to my own post in case someone else has this issue, not sure I have totally fixed it as I don't have any other staff monaing yet, but I did have 1 user that wouldn't pick it up, showed up in eventvwr as no changes weere made to folder redirection so it was complete.

 

I discovered her profile size was over 30gb, years of photos in folders on desktop and my docs. Moved all that and guess what, all of a sudden her login decided there was a change to the folder location. First i've come across where size actially matters ... chortle chortle.

 

I'm off to bed..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...