tosca925 Posted March 1, 2006 Posted March 1, 2006 I need a script to check if a .dll file exists on certain computers in the c:\windows\system32 folder. I need the script to check if this file exists and if it does not then copy the file from the server eg \\server\folder\.dll I have tried one myself but cannot get it to work so need a little help or example. Preferably .vbscript
webman Posted March 1, 2006 Posted March 1, 2006 I'd probably map a spare network drive to the workstation's C$ share, and check for Z:\windows\system32\myfile.dll using FileSystemObject (FSO) FileExists() function.
Shiny_Guru Posted March 1, 2006 Posted March 1, 2006 try this in a cmd file, I tend to run this sort of thing as a shut down script (nobody time shutdowns but they scream if startup takes more than 1.5 seconds) IF NOT EXIST "c:\windows\system32\interesting.dll" COPY "\\server\share\interesting.dll" "c:\windows\system32\interesting.dll" beware of word wrap, that is all on one line and obviously you need to change file names to suit
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now