Guest blacksheep Posted May 27, 2008 Posted May 27, 2008 >i think tbh with the tools available with windows server and the deployment >vendors i think traditional disk imaging may be a thing of the past... Depends its just another useful too. Like I have a load of older P3s here, I created one image but done the restore of the image to all the HDs by taking out the drives and plugging them into a quick machine. This worked out a lot quicker. Also like said there is the OS issue. Updating images has become a PITA though. Im tending to just do a OS and driver image these days and wrry about the apps later but that is time dconsuming - like lets spend all day (or more) sorting a machine out!! RIS etc. sounds good.. when I find some time to play with it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now