trackers Posted February 1, 2020 Posted February 1, 2020 This is not exactly a critical problem but I'd like to hear some opinions nonetheless. I'm using SIMS to create individual reports - I usually export them as PDFs, but also upload them when they are completed. The subject reports can run on to several pages in length. At the end of the subject reports, I have applied a page break in the template, so that the Form Teacher comment and Headmaster signature - which come after the subject comments - appears on a new sheet - this was avoid the situation whereby sometimes the Principal's signature could appear on its own at the top of a page if the line count in subject reports fell in a certain way. I am happy enough with this compromise except for one thing.....sometimes the subject comments are just the right length to cause a blank page to appear in the report, between the end of the subject comments and the start of Form Teacher comment. Adjusting margins and borders could solve this problem for these few sheets but inevitably results in other reports which looked fine with the original margins now looking poorly formatted. In my other work I have always been a big proponent of MS Publisher in which each page is a standalone page and adding text does not result in a bumping down of material on subsequent pages - I suppose because I use MS Publisher so much I have not learnt a great deal about formatting of word documents. I wonder if any of you have any suggestions?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now