Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All

 

I am currently planning out some cloud moves and I have been thinking of moving our AD server to Azure, our data is currently being moved to OneDrive and sharepoint.

 

I just uncertain if anyone has done this and how there back end infrastructure is as well.

 

DO you have AD one site and in azure.

 

Thanks

  • Thanks 1
Posted

You'd only need one there if you have old fashioned VMs running in Azure, in which case yeah I'd have it as a seperate site assuming you're keeping a DC on site

 

You should also look at the poorly named Azure AD Domain Services. This allows cloud based VMs to participate in an Active Directory that's synced from your on-prem directory (in much the same way your users are synced). Means you don't have to run a VM or two as a DC.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...