bodminman Posted October 13, 2019 Posted October 13, 2019 Hi there, In a nutshell, our XG box locked out on us meaning we couldn't access the GUI and then after a while the thing booted everyone off the internet. I managed to SSH in to it to give it a reboot but now no one get to the Captive Portal or internet access via STAS on the domain PCs. Whilst I get this sorted, does anyoe have any ideas how I can get basic web filtering if I removed the XG out of the way? Thanks
supportman Posted October 14, 2019 Posted October 14, 2019 (edited) ISP based filtering? You could also do a 3rd part DNS filter service. Edited October 14, 2019 by supportman 1
bodminman Posted October 14, 2019 Author Posted October 14, 2019 Does your firewall do any filtering? Nope.
bodminman Posted October 14, 2019 Author Posted October 14, 2019 ISP based filtering? Not available. You could also do a 3rd part DNS filter service. Any recommendations? Thanks
colly72 Posted October 14, 2019 Posted October 14, 2019 Try a 14 day trial of Cisco Umbrella: https://signup.umbrella.com/
caffrey Posted October 14, 2019 Posted October 14, 2019 Could do a raspberry pi with pihole as DNS, using one of these blocklists ? https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts -Planning on doing this for a guest network here Don't even need a Raspberry Pi either I have it setup in a VM for testing
TechMonkey Posted October 14, 2019 Posted October 14, 2019 The other big DNS filter is openDNS, though Cisco took them over so it may have been merged with Umbrella by now.
supportman Posted October 14, 2019 Posted October 14, 2019 Not available. Any recommendations? Thanks OpenDNS I think was the only one I knew about.
Wave9_Lee Posted October 15, 2019 Posted October 15, 2019 You should have had a replacement or tech support by now? Where did you buy it? We could possibly ship you a temp box, give me call? cheers Lee
bodminman Posted October 22, 2019 Author Posted October 22, 2019 You should have had a replacement or tech support by now? Where did you buy it? We could possibly ship you a temp box, give me call? cheers Lee Hi, They ended up sending a replacement box with an engineer to get it all reconfigured. We put it back online on Friday morning and so far it's working as it should. Thanks 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now