discoveranother Posted September 1, 2019 Posted September 1, 2019 Hello Hyperv virtual machine as attached, accumulate rct and mrt files. I am aware that these are a new addition to Windows Sever 2016 Hyper-V, that allows the tracking of changes between backup operations. I'm concerned that they will be taking up a lot of storage space. If I shutdown the VM and delete snapshots then these files disappear. I want a process whereby too many snapshots are deleted automatically without doing it manually and also to turn off automatic shapshots via powershell, as since the release 1709 a new Hyper-V feature called Automatic Checkpoints made its appearance. I have tried the following in a powershell command to turn off automatice checkpoints, but doesn't seem to work, powershell doesn't recognise the AutomaticCheckpointsEnabled command:- Set-VM -VMName MyVM -AutomaticCheckpointsEnabled $False or Set-VM -Name MyVM -AutomaticCheckpointsEnabled 0 Any help appreciated. Thanks all
discoveranother Posted September 1, 2019 Author Posted September 1, 2019 I noticed that there are no vhdx files being saved as they should be in this screenshot attached, instead rct & mrt files are being created !!! Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now