Uber22 Posted July 7, 2019 Posted July 7, 2019 Hey I have had a lot of user complaining that youtube,Google maps and other things are really slow. Upon checking they are right when loading anything in Google Chrome is sit with a buffer loading things like maps and YouTube video or bbc news. load anything in edge and it's fine. Any one come across this before
1TF0rward Posted July 7, 2019 Posted July 7, 2019 I've had this issue in the past and remember disabling QUIC fixed the issue. https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-disable-quic-protocol-in-google-chrome-1669.html Hope this helps! 1
6Foot2 Posted July 7, 2019 Posted July 7, 2019 Is it a Chrome extension or add in? Check by running Chrome without extensions or add ins loading: Link: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/177638-one-line-very-brief-helpers-3.html#post1685123 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1 --disable-extensions --disable-plugins Or, if you are running a 32 bit copy of Windows: "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1 --disable-extensions --disable-plugins
Slum90 Posted July 8, 2019 Posted July 8, 2019 I've had this issue in the past and remember disabling QUIC fixed the issue. https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-disable-quic-protocol-in-google-chrome-1669.html Hope this helps! I can second this. I set a gpo to disable quic protocol in chrome. 1
TechMonkey Posted July 8, 2019 Posted July 8, 2019 It's good to disable QUIC anyway as it often bypasses filtering. 1
Uber22 Posted July 9, 2019 Author Posted July 9, 2019 omg what a difference i have tested this on my machine, did you push this out via a gpo. Thanks Disable QUIC in Google Chrome: In the URL type "chrome://flags". Search for "Experimental QUIC protocol" and disable it.
Koldov Posted July 9, 2019 Posted July 9, 2019 I have never been a great fan of Chrome - I will admit to using Firefox, which seems to be quite similar (for one or two particular *ahem* uses) and I like the adblocker plus extension.... Possibly because I have never really used all that Chrome has to offer and never used it to its full potential. IE has always done what I needed it to do - be a web browser (yes, you read that right). Chrome was always just another thing to get my head around and 'manage'. and a load more things to disable. As the comments above show, there are plenty of things that are going on 'behind the scenes' that if you are running it, you should be aware of. Looking through the settings is quite daunting really, maybe IE does all this and it's just hidden so I don't worry about it. Maybe having 'experimental' features enabled is the way forward, but I don't like it... Always been wary of 'extensions' or 'add-ons' and what they are doing behind the scenes. Then, this morning out of nowhere it popped up with this... I didn't ask either Adobe or Chrome to do this! But a lot of teachers use Chrome (one or two websites just work better) and so I relented. I also thought I ought to install it on my machine and I used it for MVLSC as IE crashes (ironic huh?) but it is sooooo slow for me. Even just opening takes about 20-30 seconds... No add-ons, no extensions installed. Anyway, back on topic... Using the 'disable QUIC (again... ironic) protocol' method it opens in less than half the time (still a bit slow for my liking though)!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now