Renfield-64 Posted May 23, 2019 Posted May 23, 2019 I have an iPad Air running IOS12 and a laptop running Win 10 Pro N 64bit (1803). When I connect the iPad to the laptop it goes thro' the process of installing but then doesn't show up. I have tried other iPads and they give the same results. In device manager I can see this: Any attempt to update driver fails. Any ideas?
DalekSec Posted May 23, 2019 Posted May 23, 2019 Have you tried the steps here listed under "If you downloaded iTunes from Apple" , worked for me in past https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204095
Renfield-64 Posted May 23, 2019 Author Posted May 23, 2019 Ah yes but I don't have iTunes installed, I try to avoid iTunes. I just connect the iPad to download photos.
tmoon-mint Posted May 23, 2019 Posted May 23, 2019 Do you get a trust prompt on the device when you connect it? Is the device supervised?
Renfield-64 Posted May 23, 2019 Author Posted May 23, 2019 No I dont get the trust prompt which is odd. It isn't supervised.
tmoon-mint Posted May 23, 2019 Posted May 23, 2019 Very odd indeed. Have you tried another lightning cable?
Renfield-64 Posted May 23, 2019 Author Posted May 23, 2019 Yes, have tried other cables, other ipads. This also shows up in Device manager:
Renfield-64 Posted May 23, 2019 Author Posted May 23, 2019 The weird thing is when I unplug the iPad the computer and iPad recognise that they have been unplugged and recognise when they are connected again. Just not showing up under devices/My Computer.
Renfield-64 Posted September 5, 2019 Author Posted September 5, 2019 Still haven't solved this yet, the same is happening with another iPad and Win 10 computer.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now